forum.vmspython.org Forum Index forum.vmspython.org
Forum system

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HAVE_POLL?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vmspython.org Forum Index -> Python for OpenVMS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aresch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: HAVE_POLL? Reply with quote

It seems that the Python package was built without HAVE_POLL defined. It looks like OpenVMS has this capability, so I was wondering if there is any reason this was excluded from the build?

Also, I have managed to build the selectmodule.obj with HAVE_POLL and HAVE_POLL_H defined, but I was wondering how I could go about just rebuilding the PYTHON.EXE image to link in this new OBJ. Any ideas? Smile

Thanks
jfp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, HAVE_POLL and HAVE_POLL_H are not defined, when the poll routine has been introduced on OpenVMS (7.2 ?) this was not changed.

I have fixed this, new kit will be build using HAVE_POLL and HAVE_POLL_H defined.

Meanwhile, I can build a new PYTHONSHR image, do you need a Alpha or Itanium version ?

JF.
aresch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfp wrote:
Correct, HAVE_POLL and HAVE_POLL_H are not defined, when the poll routine has been introduced on OpenVMS (7.2 ?) this was not changed.

I have fixed this, new kit will be build using HAVE_POLL and HAVE_POLL_H defined.

Meanwhile, I can build a new PYTHONSHR image, do you need a Alpha or Itanium version ?

JF.

Alpha please Smile

and thank you!
jfp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have put online a new version of pythonshr.exe :
http://www.vmspython.org/anonymous/kits/tmp/axp/pythonshr_aresch.zip

JF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vmspython.org Forum Index -> Python for OpenVMS All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: