forum.vmspython.org Forum Index forum.vmspython.org
Forum system

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hg commit fails with "killed by signal 1"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vmspython.org Forum Index -> Python for OpenVMS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigberry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: hg commit fails with "killed by signal 1" Reply with quote

I just tried Mercurial on VMS for the first time in a long time and found myself unable to commit anything. Everything was fine past the point of saving the temp file from the editor, but then the commit aborted like so:

abort: edit failed: @MERCURIAL_ROOT:[VMS]HGEDITOR killed by signal 1

this with:

$ hg --version
Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 2.8.1)

which is running from the following LD images:

JFPLIB0006I.DSK;1
JFPPY0510I.DSK;1

on OpenVMS I64 v8.3-1H1.

I fixed it by changing the last line of MERCURIAL_ROOT:[vms]hgeditor.com from

$ exit 0

to

$ exit %X10000000 ! zero with message suppressed

I haven't looked at the details but it seems the exec() or whatever is spawning this command procedure is regarding a non-zero exit status (such as SS$_NORMAL) as an error worthy of aborting the commit.

Giving it the zero it expects but setting the inhibit message bit so we don't see the ugly "%NONAME-W-NOMSG, Message number 00000000" seemed the best path forward.
jfp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Craig,

Do you enter a comment in the editor ? if you don't enter any test and exit then this mean that the commit shout not be done.

JF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vmspython.org Forum Index -> Python for OpenVMS All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: