forum.vmspython.org Forum Index forum.vmspython.org
Forum system

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to set blank stopword list?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vmspython.org Forum Index -> MySQL for OpenVMS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamilliLa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: How to set blank stopword list? Reply with quote

The Sun MySQL documentation says that, when using FULLTEXT indexes and BOOLEAN MODE queries, there is a list of reserved words that are ignored in the queries. This is the stopword list.

The Sun documentation seems to say that in the source file storage/myisam/ft_static.c (which I don't have) is specified the place to look for such a file lest an internal list be used.

I don't want to build MySQL from source code just to get rid of the stopword list.

Is is possible to have no stopwords without building my own private MySQL from source?

Can I put an empty file of some name in some directory, where MySQL will find it and use it as a null stopword list?

[By the way, if I wanted to actually include some words in the file, what would the format be? -Separated by <CR> OK? Spaces? Commas?

mysql> SHOW VARIABLES;
+--------------------+--------------+
| Variable_name | Value |
| ft_stopword_file | (built-in) |

ft_stopword_file
Command-Line Format --ft_stopword_file=name
Config-File Format ft_stopword_file
Option Sets Variable Yes, ft_stopword_file
Variable Name ft_stopword_file
Variable Scope Global
Dynamic Variable No
Permitted Values
Type filename

The file from which to read the list of stopwords for full-text searches. The server looks for the file in the data directory unless an absolute path name is given to specify a different directory. All the words from the file are used; comments are not honored. By default, a built-in list of stopwords is used (as defined in the storage/myisam/ft_static.c file). Setting this variable to the empty string ('') disables stopword filtering.
Note

FULLTEXT indexes must be rebuilt after changing this variable or the contents of the stopword file. Use REPAIR TABLE tbl_name QUICK.
jescab

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't :

> "...Setting this variable to the empty string ('') disables stopword filtering."

the answer to the question :

> "Is is possible to have no stopwords without building my own private MySQL from source?"

Both are quotes from your post.

Apart from that, this doesn't sound as a pure MySQL on *VMS*
question, so maybe some more direct MySQL forum would be better...
CamilliLa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: When he says variable, he means configuration Reply with quote

Thanks.

My seeing "variable" in a sentence that followed a reference to a .C module made me think that the author was referring to a variable rather than to a configuration parameter.

Yes, it applies to MySQL in general and not just the VMS port.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vmspython.org Forum Index -> MySQL for OpenVMS All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: