forum.vmspython.org Forum Index forum.vmspython.org
Forum system

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MyISAM issue solved - version 5.1.49 notes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vmspython.org Forum Index -> MySQL for OpenVMS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillemGrooters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: MyISAM issue solved - version 5.1.49 notes Reply with quote

Up to date, I have no confirmation that the issue with MyIsam table format has been solved; only by rumour it seems it is.

I've also noticed 5.1 49 should be available (accoring the wiki) but I haven't seen anote about this, nor any changelog and release notes.

Could these questions be answered?

Willem
jfp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powell has done some work to made MyIsam more reliable on OpenVMS.
But I have had some corruption using some Django application on MyIsam tables. So, not all problems are fixed.

The 5.1.49 port has no new specific OpenVMS changes.

You can read the release notes from the MySQL site for all others updates.

Jean-François
nigelwinterbottom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: MySQL 5.1.49 Reply with quote

Perhaps the WIKI should be updated to reflect reality. Please accept that I say this without knowing the time and resource constraints involved for the persons or person involved in doing the OpenVMS related work on MySQL.

Like Willem, I too found the WIKI very confusing and it took me over two hours before I came across this forum thread.

My interest is drawn to the 5.5 release because of the improvements to InnoDB. Not having used MySQL at all before, it is my current understanding that InnoDB is much more corruption resistant than MyISAM and InnoDB has been greatly improved in the 5.5 release. I expect these 5.5 related improvements will result in more widespread use of InnoDB. Please feel free to disagree with my assumptions as I have no firsthand exposure to this product.

Any comments on the likelihood of MySQL release 5.5 making it to OpenVMS at some time in the future would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Nigel
jfp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nigel,

thanks for your feedback.

We have, currently, no plan to port 5.5.

Any help is welcome, we will be very happy if you can enhance the documentation, it is a wiki, so it can be edit by anyone, just request an account.

Jean-François
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vmspython.org Forum Index -> MySQL for OpenVMS All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: