forum.vmspython.org Forum Index forum.vmspython.org
Forum system

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Execute System Command from Stored Procedure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vmspython.org Forum Index -> MySQL for OpenVMS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rags

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Execute System Command from Stored Procedure Reply with quote

I have MySQL running on an Integrity Server with OpenVMS and an HMI on a Windows XP using MySQL .Net. The need is for the action of the HMI to run a program on the Server. Is this possible?

Can this be performed from a Stored Procedure, User-Defined Function written in C, or a Plug-In? If so, does an example exist?

Thanks.
jfp

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but, the first question is probably is it possible on a MyQSL server without regarding the platform, then if yes, is it possible on VMS ?

I think that the first question shoud, probably, be asked to any MySQL support channel as this is not VMS specific question. Then we may check if this work on VMS.

JF
rags

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JFP.

I have found documentation that has the "system" (or \!) command from the command line, but it says UNIX only. When I run the command line tool on the server, this is not even an option.

What about plug-ins or UDFs? I can't find examples on how to write any of these. Also, the header files needed for plug-ins are not present.

Thanks, again.
jfp

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

if some headers are missing, you can download the full sources kit and extract those missing files.

I may, also, add them to a new kit.

JF
rags

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again JFP.

I will look into the source download.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.vmspython.org Forum Index -> MySQL for OpenVMS All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: